Hikyaku You-Mail Express
Sagawa Express collects packages from the customer and takes the packages to a post office on the customer’s behalf. Post office mail carriers then deliver the packages as You-Mail Express.
The service can be used for delivery of printed materials such as leaflets and catalogues, as well as for CDs and DVDs.
Sagawa Express customers can select one of the following two mailing services to meet their needs.
Both services deliver magazines, catalogues and similar items not requiring accepting signatures/stamps, at low prices, starting from single item deliveries. The Hikyaku Mail Express service delivers parcels in 3 to 4 days (delivery to some areas may take longer), while the Hikyaku You-Mail Express service delivers parcels in about 5 days after mailing to a post office. In both cases, parcels are delivered directly to recipients’ mailboxes. (In accordance with postal regulations, delivery takes about 3 days longer than the regular mail.)
Hikyaku Mail Express
Sagawa Express delivers magazines, catalogues and similar items up to 70 cm (total dimensions of 3 sides) and 1 kg in weight.
Our cargo tracking system uses bar codes so that customers can check the delivery status of their shipments.
It is not possible to track shipments online.
Hikyaku You-Mail Express
In order to reduce delivery costs, Sagawa Express takes parcels up to 34 cm long, 25 cm wide, 3 cm thick and 3 kg in weight to a post office. (Parcels are delivered by postal delivery staff.)
In addition to magazines and catalogues, digital recording media (such as CDs, DVDs and floppy disks) can also be sent.
Our cargo tracking system is not available for this service, but customers have the peace of mind of using the post office's latest information on residents' home addresses/ forwarding information.
Available Parcel Size
The service can be used to send parcels up to 34 cm long, 25 cm wide, 3 cm thick and 3 kg in weight.
- In addition to booklet-type printed materials such as books and magazines, the service also allows delivery of pamphlets, catalogues, and digital recording media (such as CDs, DVDs and floppy disks).
- The service is not available for large items or items such as calendars.
Charges (for sending packages)
Prices for Hikyaku You-Mail Express are the same for all destinations in Japan.
|Weight||Price (incl. tax)|
|Up to 200 g||115 yen|
|Up to 500 g||168 yen|
|Up to 1 kg||299 yen|
|Up to 2 kg||330 yen|
|Up to 3 kg||456 yen|
- Cash payment is not available. Payments must be made on account by the sender.
- Discounts are available when sending large volumes. Please ask a sales office or sales driver for details.
How to Use
- To use this service, initial registration is required. Please ask a sales office or sales driver to apply for details. (Registration takes about 1 week.)
- If you prefer, you can use the same address labels that you normally use.You also need to put the postcode for your destination.
- We also offer a one-stop service from production of catalogues through to printing, logistical processing and delivery.
- Please tell your sales driver that you want to use Hikyaku You-Mail Express.
Notes on Use
- Compensation is limited to delivery charges. We cannot compensate for the content of parcels.
- We cannot handle confidential correspondence, cash, checks or any other item that cannot be reissued or reproduced.
- We cannot handle dangerous items, money, securities or any other item that cannot be substituted.
- Customers are invoiced later for the amount they use each month. Cash payments are not accepted.
- Delivery may be delayed as a result of traffic congestion caused by natural disasters or accidents, or abnormal weather conditions, etc.
- Packing must be carried out by customers.
- We do not handle items requiring special care, such as personal information or high-value items.
- “Payment after Delivery” and “You-Mail” labels must be attached to the surface of envelopes or packages.
- Sagawa Express acts as the sender for the shipment, and for this reason your own “Sender/Return Address” label is required on the envelope or parcel.
- Please ask a sales office or sales driver for details about labels.
- When collecting your packages, we may ask you to leave a package unsealed or to show a sample so that we can confirm the contents.
- Please ask at a sales office for more details.