sgxNotes on Using sgx
- sgx is limited to packages for which payment is made in Japan (payment by sender).
- Sizes handled
Delivery is available for packages up to 260 cm in total dimensions of the three sides (up to a length of 150 cm) and 50 kg. There is a total weight limit for multi-item consignments of 500 kg.
- Prices increase every 0.5 kg
Prices include collection charges, air freight and customs handling fees, etc. However, costs arising in the recipient country in special circumstances (costs related to customs inspections and consignments, etc.) shall be paid by the recipient.
- The larger of the package’s volume or weight shall be applied when calculating the price.
- In accordance with IATA (International Air Transport Association) regulations, when the package’s volume weight exceeds its actual weight the price shall be calculated based on the volume weight.
Actual weight is the actual weight of the whole package including the packaging.
Volume weight: the weight calculated using 1 kg for every 5,000 cm3 of the package’s volume (5,000 cm3/1 kg is the IATA volume standard)
Volume weight (kg) = length (cm) × width (cm) × height (cm)/ 5,000 cm3/ kg (fractions are rounded up to the nearest 0.5 kg)
Dimensions of 60 cm × 45 cm × 35 cm (rounded to the nearest whole number)
For a package with actual weight of 12 kg, the price would be calculated based on 19 kg using the volume weight of 60 × 45 × 35/ 5,000 = 18.9 kg.
- Any duty arising in the country of destination shall be paid by the recipient.
- Depending on the content of the package and the country of destination, there are cases when it is necessary for the recipient to submit documentation (import license, processing notebook, passport, visa, etc.) for customs clearance purposes in the country of destination. Any additional costs related to the submission or presentation of these documents (travel costs, miscellaneous expenses, etc.) shall be paid by the recipient.
- Any costs incurred when return delivery of the package is requested, such as when a recipient refuses to accept delivery, when duty payment is refused, or when it is not possible to clear customs, shall be paid by the sender.
- The limit for compensation for damaged or lost packages shall be US$20.00 per 1 kg, per delivery form.
- We recommend taking out marine freight insurance for valuable packages.
(3,000 yen up to a freight value of 1.5 million yen, and 20 yen for each additional 10,000 yen of cover)
- There are cases when it is not possible to send some products to some destinations because of conditions in the respective countries.
- Please be aware that in some regions we are not able to send packages addressed to individuals.
Items that cannot be sent using sgx
|1. Cosmetics||Soaps, cosmetic items (lipstick, etc.)|
|2. Documents/magazines||Pornographic magazines or related books, drawings, sculptures, DVDs, videotapes, etc.
Items which cannot be reissued (e.g. visas, bills of loading, etc.)
|3. Animals and plants||
Live animals (also meat, fur and blood), fresh flowers, dried flowers and potpourri
Fresh foods, processed foods, health foods, etc.
|5. Valuables||Cash, securities, stock certificates, passports, unused revenue stamps, postage stamps, jewels and precious metals (jewels, diamonds, platinum, gold, silver, etc.), national treasures, important cultural assets, important artwork, etc.|
|6. Dangerous objects||Pistols, firearms and swords, bullets, switchblade knives, fireworks, aerosol sprays, explosive materials, flammable substances, matches, lighters, gas cylinders for lighters, etc.
Car waxes, engines, toners for printers, nail polish, perfume, lithium batteries*1
|7. Chemicals||Medicines (subject to the regulations of Pharmaceutical Affairs Act of Japan), harmful substances, toxic substances, poisons, cannabis and drugs, stimulants, etc.|
|8. Intellectual property rights||Counterfeit currency, counterfeit goods, and any other goods which infringe upon patent rights, utility model rights, trademarks, copyrights and any other rights|
|9. Washington Convention||Goods restricted by export bans aimed at protecting endangered species of wild fauna and flora (leather handbags, belts, ivory, etc.)|
Communication devices (PCs) and precision equipment *2, CDs/DVDs, used equipment, delivery by or to individuals, baggage for moving home, goods which might not tolerate transportation or which are deemed inappropriate for transportation, musical instruments, tobacco (including electric cigarettes), surfboards, unaccompanied personal effects, and goods used for gambling
- * 1
- Lithium batteries and metal batteries cannot be sent. For lithium-ion batteries, you need to submit an MSDS (material safety data sheet in Japanese/English) and composition tables. We will decide if the materials can be sent based on the MSDS.
- * 2
- For precision equipment and communication devices, we may request the submission of a certificate of non-applicability.
Please contact our Global Call Center (0120-18-9595) if you want to send any of the following.
- Textiles to Europe (Textile License and certificate of origin are required.)
- Textile visa for the United States (Specific description of items, country of origin, name of manufacturer and address, etc. must be stated.)
- Eating utensils and toys, etc. to the United States (FDA registration is required.)
- Electrical products to the United States (FCC registration is required.)
- Musical instruments, art objects
For any other inquiries, please contact the Global Call Center (0120-18-9595).
Contact the Global Call Center.
0120-18-9595 / Tokyo: 03-5753-2401
Business hours: 9:00am to 6:00pm (Mon - Fri) (Closed Weekends and Public Holidays)