Hikyaku Mail Express
This service delivers packages that do not require signatures / stamps upon delivery, such as magazines and catalogues, directly to recipients' mailboxes, at low prices.
Packages can be delivered even if the recipient is not available to accept delivery, and completion of delivery can be confirmed by customers.
Sagawa Express customers can select one of the following two mailing services to meet their needs.
Both services deliver magazines, catalogues and similar items not requiring accepting signatures/stamps, at low prices, starting from single item deliveries. The Hikyaku Mail Express service delivers parcels in 3 to 4 days (delivery to some areas may take longer), while the Hikyaku You-Mail Express service delivers parcels in about 5 days after mailing to a post office. In both cases, parcels are delivered directly to recipients’ mailboxes. (In accordance with postal regulations, delivery takes about 3 days longer than the regular mail.)
Hikyaku Mail Express
Sagawa Express delivers magazines, catalogues and similar items up to 70 cm (total dimensions of 3 sides) and 1 kg in weight.
Our cargo tracking system uses bar codes so that customers can check the delivery status of their shipments.
It is not possible to track shipments online.
Please ask at a sales office for delivery status of your packages.
Hikyaku You-Mail Express
In order to reduce delivery costs, Sagawa Express takes parcels up to 34 cm long, 25 cm wide, 3.5 cm thick and 3 kg in weight to a post office. (Parcels are delivered by postal delivery staff.)
In addition to magazines and catalogues, digital recording media (such as CDs, DVDs and floppy disks) can also be sent.
Our cargo tracking system is not available for this service, but customers have the peace of mind of using the post office's latest information on residents' home addresses/ forwarding information.
Available Parcel Size
This service is available for parcels of the following sizes and dimensions that can be inserted into a mailbox.
Total dimensions of 3 sides are 70 cm or less, the longest side is 40 cm or less, thickness is 2 cm or less and weight is 1 kg or less.
- Please use Hikyaku You-Mail Express for delivery of irregular-shaped packages such as cylindrical items, cardboard cases, etc.
Charges (for sending packages)
Charges for Hikyaku Mail Express are the same for all destinations in Japan.
|Weight||Charges (incl. tax)|
|Up to 300 g||165 yen|
|Up to 600 g||216 yen|
|Up to 1 kg||319 yen|
- Cash payment is not available. Payments must be made on account by the sender.
- Discounts are available when sending large volumes. Please ask a sales office or sales driver for details.
How to Use
- To use this service, initial registration is required. Please ask a sales office or sales driver for details. We will provide you with a "payment by sender" delivery form and Hikyaku Mail labels.
(Registration takes about 1 week.)
- If you prefer, you can use the same address labels that you normally use.
- We also offer a one-stop service from production of catalogues through to printing, logistical processing and delivery.
- Please tell your sales driver that you want to use Hikyaku Mail Express.
Notes on Use
- Regular postal services may be used for some deliveries to remote islands or stopover points.
- Packages will be delivered in our special plastic bag in the following cases.
- When the outer package is labelled “Do not bend or fold.”
- When the parcel cannot be placed in the mailbox
- When more than half of the parcel sticks out of the mailbox
- When there is a risk of the parcel becoming wet from rain
- When the mailbox is totally exposed to rain
- When the recipient does not have a mailbox
- If there is not a clear destination or if the name on the recipient’s nameplate is different from the name on the address label, the shipment will be returned to the sender.
- Compensation is limited to delivery charges. We cannot compensate for the content of parcels.
- We cannot handle confidential correspondence, cash, checks or any other item that cannot be reissued or reproduced.
- We cannot handle dangerous items, money, securities or any other item that cannot be substituted.
- Customers are invoiced later for the amount they use each month. Cash payments are not accepted.
- Delivery may be delayed as a result of traffic congestion caused by natural disasters or accidents, or abnormal weather conditions, etc.
- Packing must be carried out by customers.
- We do not handle items requiring special care, such as personal information or high-value items.
- Please ask a sales office for more details.