Personal Information Protection Policy
Sagawa Express Co., Ltd. ("Sagawa Express") recognizes the importance of protecting our customers' personal information. In addition to enacting this policy, raising awareness of the policy among all employees, and promoting thorough implementation of the policy, Sagawa Express will carry out the following:
1. Definition of personal information
Personal information shall be defined as information related to individual customers or employees that can be used to identify a specific individual by using an address, name or telephone number, etc. contained in the information (this shall include information that can be easily cross-checked against other information to allow identification of a specific individual).
2. Purposes of using personal information
Sagawa Express shall use personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide collection and delivery services, and other services related to transportation
- To respond to customers’ inquiries or requests for documentation
- To provide customers with information about services
- To improve Sagawa Express’ services based on opinions or requests from customers
- To deliver gifts or rewards to customers
- To report to customers or carry out necessary procedures
- To publicize Sagawa Express business
3. Use of personal information
Personal information shall only be used within the scope of the stated purposes. When using personal information for any other purposes, the aims of use shall be disclosed prior to receipt of the personal information in question.
4. Disclosure of personal information to third parties
Sagawa Express shall not disclose personal information to third parties, except in the following circumstances.
- Disclosures made in accordance with laws or regulations
- Disclosures made with the agreement of the individual in question
5. Joint use of personal information with third parties
Sagawa Express shall share personal information as follows, with the aim of achieving the above purposes.
Information to be shared
Names, addresses, telephone numbers, FAX numbers, e-mail addresses, information listed on invoices in accordance with Sagawa Express' conditions of carriage, and customers' receiving signatures / seals
Parties with whom information may be shared
Sagawa Express Group companies
Party responsible for shared information
(If you have any inquiries related to shared use of personal information, please contact Sagawa Express by filling out the form on the "Contact for inquiries about personal information" section of the Sagawa Express website.)
6. Protection of personal information
In order to ensure the accuracy and security of personal information, Sagawa Express shall implement security measures, including information security measures, and prevent improper access, leakage or loss of personal information.
7. Supervising subcontractors
When personal information is consigned to external parties, a non-disclosure agreement shall be concluded between Sagawa Express and that subcontractor in question, and appropriate supervision of the subcontractor shall be carried out.
8. Establishing in-house management system for privacy protection
In relation to the handling of personal information, in addition to establishing an in-house management system for the protection of personal information, Sagawa Express shall seek to promote the appropriate and careful handling of personal information in accordance with in-house rules.
9. Observing relevant laws and regulations
Sagawa Express shall observe all laws and regulations relating to personal information in order to ensure that personal information is protected.
10. Changes to our Personal Information Protection Policy
Sagawa Express shall carry out ongoing reviews of the content of our Personal Information Protection Policy and seek to implement improvements in order to maintain optimum conditions at all times.
11. Contact for inquiries about personal information
If you have any questions about this policy or inquiries about your own personal information, please contact us by filling out the form on the “Contact Us” page of the Sagawa Express website.
12. Request for disclosure and other matters related to personal information
If you have a request to disclose, revise, add, stop using, or delete your own personal information, please read “How to place a request for disclosure and other matters related to personal information” on the Sagawa Express website.